My guest today is Raegan Moya-Jones, an Australian native and now, New Yorker. After the birth of her first child, she looked everywhere for the breathable muslin swaddle blankets that were common in her homeland. This lack led her to be the co-founder and CEO of Aden & Anais. Raegan is now the mother of four daughters and is busy running a company worth multiple millions, but the idea was born at her kitchen table in 2003. Join me to hear her incredible story!
What you’ll hear in this episode:
- The popularity of muslin swaddles in Australia---not in the US
- Why these blankets are indispensable to Aussie parents
- Raegan’s crazy life with her daughters, her sales job, and trying to launch a new business
- Passion for your business leads to big sacrifices
- Only 2% of women-owned businesses get to $1 million in revenue
- Tenacity and determination to reach the $1 million goal
- The recent acquisition of Halo—the company’s worth is now $125 million!
- A career highlight? Hitting the million-dollar revenue mark
- What Raegan’s daughters think about mom’s business
- Where the company name came from
- Raegan’s favorite tool? Wine!
- Her inspiration? Her daughters
- Her next big thing? Plans for international expansion and new products in development!
- Why Aden & Anais swaddles are the best baby gift ever!