Welcome! Today’s guest is Marni Battista, who is a master at helping women pinpoint why they are, or are not, dateable. She figures out the types of messages we unconsciously broadcast to men based on our thoughts, feelings, actions, and attitudes. She is a professional dating coach and the founder of Dating with Dignity.
Marni shares the following about her business journey:
- It was the end of a 17-year marriage that prompted Marni to start her business.
- After experiencing the ups and downs of dating again, Marni thought, “If I don’t fix this, I’m going to be unhappy, alone, and miserable for the rest of my life, and I’m going to teach this and pass it on to my daughters.”
- Marni wanted to start her business to write a book about her experiences in learning to love herself, dating, and meeting her current husband.
- After six years of business, Marni’s company helps women figure out why they are still single, fall in love with themselves, create a life they love and find someone amazing to love.
- Marni’s business became a reality as she got professional advice, identified her target market, and took one step at a time.
- Marni shares the benefits of her vision board that stays in constant sight at her bathroom sink!
- Marni is qualified as a dating expert because she has dated successfully and unsuccessfully through several decades!
- Marni shares The D Factor: Your Date-ability Factor. Are you dateable to the men you WANT or the men you GET?
- One of Marni’s career highlights was being asked to be on Dr. Drew’s radio show, Loveline.
- Marni shares what keeps her going, and what she’ll stop, start, and continue in her business.
- Her “one big thing” for 2015 is her work on creating a TV show about dating.
- She shares tips for those facing dating dilemmas: “If you don’t like the results you’re getting, then stop playing the blame game and take responsibility. You have all the power, so date like that!”
www.datingwithdignity.com (Marni’s website and her 60-seconds to Love quiz) Find her on Twitter, Instagram, and Periscope.
Scaling Up by Verne Harnish (One of Marni’s favorite books)