Welcome! Today’s featured broad is Leanne Ely, who has the answer to the age-old question, “What’s for dinner?” Leanne has made it her mission to save dinner for families! In 2001, she launched Menu Mailer, a menu-planning subscription service that offers recipes, shopping lists, and nutritional information. She has been called “The Mother of Menu Planning.” If your idea of planning dinner is deciding on takeout, then we have great news for you!
My conversation with Leanne covers the following:
- How Leanne drew security in her childhood from having “family dinner” at the table every night
- How she started her catering business and noticed that families didn’t do dinner together anymore: “Is THIS the new norm?”
- How Leanne’s story includes some very tough days, including being a divorced, single mom, homeschooling her kids and running her business
- How the course of her life changed when she won a recipe contest in 1996 and then wrote her first book, which she sold out of the trunk of her car
- Leanne thought, “I could do this for a living!” She has gone on to write over ten books now.
- Leanne’s advice to others includes: be original, seek out expertise early, and hire people to help you ASAP—especially in customer service!
- Leanne’s business is truly a family affair, with three generations: her mom, herself, and her daughter!
- Menu Mailer includes a 7-day free trial that anyone can use, accessing their database to create a customized plan.
- Leanne shares her personal favorite recipe—and a phenomenal customer favorite: Garlic Lime Chicken!
- Leanne’s mission plays perfectly into her partnership with Vanity Fair napkins, called “Take Back the Table.” Leanne says, “The table is where hearts are connected and tummies are fed.”
- Leanne plans to hire some new people, stop doing too much, and continuing her “family first” mantra for her employees and business.
- Leanne is most proud of the fact that she has never quit, the way her business has evolved, and the hard work, dedication, and loyalty of her team.
- Leanne is a big fan of coaching, and recommends it to any new business owner.
- Sign up for your free 7-day trial and Find Leanne at www.savingdinner.com and on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest.