Hello broads! I’m so excited for you all to be here today because this is my one-year podcasting anniversary! Whether today is your first time tuning in or you have been with me all year long: Welcome! Thank you for listening! Today’s episode is a special one because I am going to share with you my top ten lessons that I have learned interviewing today’s top women entrepreneurs.
Tip #1 Never give up!
- Kathleen King with Tate’s Bake Shop- Listen to the drama of deceit!
- Sara Kaler – Her job was causing so much exhaustion and stress she started having seizures!
Tip # 2 Be Scrappy!
- Kimra Luna- Welfare to Millionaire in one year!
Tip #3 Don’t be afraid to disrupt an industry
- Miki Agrawal- Serial Entrepreneur with tons of products and businesses (Thinx: the period panty)
Tip #4 Find a hole in the marketplace and fill it!
- Basha Ruben the founder of Priori Legal
- Bernadette Smith- the number one LGBT wedding planner!
- Samantha Hess- A professional cuddler!
- JoAnne Barken created The Batch – Sophisticated Bachelorette parties
Tip #5 You are never too old or too young
- Susan O’Malley- In her 30’s decided to be a doctor!
- Lyla Black created Lyla Tav Monsters- Not even a teenager yet and her stuffed animals are selling like crazy!
Tip #6 Have a word of the year
- Rachel Haufsteder- Hustle! Hustle! Hustle!
Tip #7 Give back!
- Angela Gia Kim- Give! Give! Get!
- Rachel Goldstein- Talks about the importance of volunteering
- Miki Agrawal- Thinx panties! The money goes to a third world country
Tip #8 Create something that you want to use
- Jenny Powers- That’s me! With my program Running-with-Heels!
- Jen Menchaca: member of Nation LTD- She created a comfy white shirt just like her dad’s
- Jen Groover- Single mom who made the first compartmentalized handbag! (Butler Bag)
- Heather Thompson- You can find her product Yummie everywhere!
Tip #9 Surround yourself with people who are positive and there to support you
- Nikita Chopra- Her love entourage
- Jen Scalia- Surround yourself with other badasses!
Tip #10 Take care of yourself!
- Michelle Goldblum and Ali Leipzig- Soul Camp
- Gala Darling- Peace through tapping