Today’s Broad is Sandra Gault, the Founder and CEO of True Gault in NYC. Sandra is breaking the mold and reshaping the way women think about high heels----one shoe at a time. Sandra’s company uses 3D measuring technology and a patented fit formula to capture the biomechanics of feet to create customized high heels.
In this episode, Sandra discusses the following about her revolutionary business:
- How Sandra, “a geek in high heels,” became frustrated with having to compromise fit or fashion to wear the high heels she wanted.
- How Sandra combined her loves of business, technology, and fashion to create her successful enterprise.
- How Sandra worked to build her company from an idea and a blank sheet of paper.
- How Sandra’s “butterfly moment” occurred at a party, and the idea was born for customized shoes that are comfortable to wear!
- The steps Sandra took to build her business, including the value proposition, business plan, industry analysis, target market identification, and securing investors. She explains how she did it, beginning with step ONE!
- How you don’t have to have all the answers to get started with your business idea. “The work will show you the way and give you the knowledge.”
- How Sandra’s “Toolkit of Skills” helped her build her company and can help build ANY business!
- How a horse race helped her realize that nothing can be taken for granted, and you have to acknowledge mistakes and be resourceful to be successful.
- What’s next for True Gault? The vision is BIG!
QuickBase from Intuit—(Sandra’s recommended cloud-based software for any business owner)
The Hard Thing about Hard Things by Ben Horowitz
Key Performance Indicators by David Parmenter
Essential Principles for Fundraising Success by G. Douglass Alexander