Welcome! Today’s featured broad is Maria Seidman, Entrepreneur magazine’s emerging entrepreneur of the year. She is the CEO and Co-fFunder of Yapp, the app that creates mobile apps!
Maria’s idea for Yapp grew out of a need to create an app for a women’s group she was a member of. She shares the following about her journey:
- She took out a self-proclaimed cheesy classified seeking a business partner
- She literally met HUNDREDS of people and drove her friends crazy trying to find a technical engineer to partner with her.
- Maria didn’t launch with a formal business plan but had a “product spec document.”
- If she started her company again, she says she would stick with a prototype and a lean canvas model and spend more time with people.
- Her “lean” methodology comes from Eric Ries’ book, The Lean Startup---and is embodied by the brillaint "salad bar "analogy she shares.
- She noticed that her potential investors were only interested in a prototype of the product, NOT a business plan.
- Yapp lets you create a basic app for free, using a quick tutorial and blank templates. It’s user-friendly and simple to use!
- Yapp is ideal for events, groups, retreats, reunions, support groups, companies, retailers, and teams.
- Maria says the totally free product will probably go away soon as the company narrows its focus but continues to provide great support for users.
Join us for more from Maria! She shares her favorite sources of inspiration and favorite business hacks. Visit her website at www.yapp.us or email Maria directly at email@example.com.